Graph Tech Ghost Hexpander Preamp Kit - Advanced
Ghost Hexpander MIDI System - Advanced Kit for Guitar
Play the IMPOSSIBLE!
Be the Band with the ghost® Pickup System. Get studio-quality MIDI-compatible output at the flick of a switch! Finally, an affordable, modular pickup system in an easy-to-install package.
- Fastest, most accurate tracking available with today's state-of-the-art MIDI converters.
- All the benefits of Graph Tech's patented String Saver™ saddles.
- Easy, plug-and-play installation; very little soldering required.
- Expandable system -- pre-amps & optional controls simply plug in!
The ghost Pickup System can be installed on most Strat® style, Tele® style, Wilkinson®, Tune-O-Matic, AVT-II (wraparound), PRS®, Floyd Rose Original or Licenced. Just replace your bridge saddles with ghost saddle pickups or a ghost-loaded Bridge Assembly.
The kit includes:
The Hexpander MIDI interface Kit is for Guitar or Bass and Includes:
BD-0440-00 Hexpander MIDI interface
BD-0540-00 13-pin Output Jack
BD-0515-00 13-pin Mounting Plate
BD-0512-00 Interface Wiring Harness
PE-0111-00 QuickSwitch for MIDI/both/guitar
PE-0180-00 Program Up/Down switch
PE-0181-00 Hexpander MIDI Volume Pot
The Hexpander does not require a battery because it draws power from the MIDI converter through the 13-pin connector.
If you're installing the Hexpander Kit without the Acousti-Phonic, you will need the Pin-7 Output Harness to enable the QuickSwitch to control the mag output on the 1/4" jack. This lets you select Mag/both/MIDI at the flick of a switch, whether your mag output is through the 1/4" cable or the 13-pin cable.
You will also need to order ghost Saddle Pickups or a ghost-loaded Bridge Assembly to complete your ghost system. Pickups are different for every type of guitar bridge, so they are always ordered separately from the kits.
The Installation manual is available Here
Hexpander MIDI Interface
- adds MIDI capability to almost any guitar or bass. Interface your guitar with pitch-to-MIDI converters by Roland and Axon.
- Fast, accurate tracking.
- Low-latency design perfectly complements today’s state of the art pitch-to-MIDI converters.
- Operates with the latest MIDI converters and Virtual Guitar systems: Roland GR55, VG99, StringPort, as well as legacy units like Roland GR33, GI-20, and V Bass, Axon AX-50, AX-100, Yamaha G50, and many more.
- Add the ghost® Acousti-Phonic pre-amp and/or optional switches at any time by simply plugging them in…no rewiring or soldering.
- Optional plug-in MIDI Volume, Momentary Up/Down Program Selector Switch (S1/S2) and QuickSwitch (MIDI/both/mag+acoustic) for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities.
- Optional pin-7 wiring harness available for accessing a summed piezo signal.
- The Acousti-Phonic Pre-amp and Hexpander MIDI Interface can both be used as stand-alone systems, or can "piggy-back" on each other for a complete set of features. Optional Plug-in-Switches allow you to flip between magnetic, acoustic or hex outputs, or blend the three for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities.
The ghost Modular Pickup System is factory installed in guitars made by:
Godin, Peavey, Schecter, Carvin, and the Yamaha Custom Shop.